I've been making decent progress on my Aquatic Mug commission. (You can read more about the inspiration for this project here.)
We started out with these sketches;
Then we decided to do a Crab instead of a Sea Dragon;
I grabbed my mugs, cleaned them with Rubbing Alcohol and got to sketching the sea creatures on my mugs with a pencil.
So far I've created the basic shapes I want the creatures to be and chosen their colors. They're turning out Very bright!
My turtle mug is the closest to being finished and he still needs another coat of blue on the waves, touch up detail work and outlining.
I'd say I'm less than halfway done with this project. The waves will wrap all the way around each mug and I also plan on adding more color to the creatures once the waves are in place.
Whew! This is definitely a challenging project. I sure hope these turn out as adorable as I'd imagined. I rest assured knowing if they aren't up to my standards I can wipe them clean with Rubbing Alcohol and start over!
Wish me luck!
This is a creative space dedicated to building a happy handmade home! I feature recipes, crafts, DIY's and pictures of my cats! Join me on a journey of exciting wonders. Get inspired! You might even learn something new!